The following is a message from Georgetown University President John J. DeGioia announcing the winners of the 2017 President's Excellence Awards:
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community:
I am pleased to share with you the recipients of this year’s President’s Excellence Awards for Staff and AAP Members at Georgetown University.
These awards seek to recognize distinguished staff and AAP members, both individuals and teams, who have gone above and beyond in their work and have made significant contributions to the University that have enhanced the quality of life on our campuses in substantial and lasting ways.
Our awardees represent a wide range of the strengths and talents of our Georgetown community. They bring to our University an exceptional level of commitment that helps to deepen and strengthen the ethos of care, compassion, excellence, and engagement that characterizes our way of life here at Georgetown.
This year’s group of awardees were selected following a rigorous review process in which a committee of representatives from across the University identified finalists from a competitive group of nominations submitted earlier this semester. I wish to thank all the members of the review committee for their support in this process, and offer my appreciation to all those who took the time to nominate colleagues worthy of this award.
Please join me in expressing our sincerest congratulations to all of our awardees on this well-deserved honor—you have our most profound gratitude for your commitment and service.
You have my very best wishes.
John J. DeGioia
List of Awardees
Kennisha Austin, J.D.
Director of the J.D. Externship Program
Georgetown University Law Center
Hoya Kids Learning Center
Assistant Vice President
Student Financial Services
Chief of Staff and Senior Administrative Officer
School of Continuing Studies
Technical Shop Supervisor
Department of Physics
Susan Douglass, Ph.D.
Education Outreach Coordinator
Center for Contemporary Arab Studies
Director of Admissions
Center for Security Studies
Sgt. Sarah Halpren-Ruder
Sexual Assault Response Team Coordinator
Georgetown University Police Department
Associate Director, Information Technologies
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments
Director, International Student and Scholar Services
Office of Global Services
Director of Programs
Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation
Associate Vice President
Team: OCR-Web Accessibility
- Emma Craswell, Director of Web Services, University Information Services
- Joshua Dermott, J.D., Associate Counsel, Office of General Counsel
- Stephen Fernie, Web Services Coordinator, Digital Services and Technology Planning
- Christopher Jewell, Director of Systems Development Information Systems Technology
- Rachel Pugh, Senior Director for Strategic Communications, Office of Public Affairs
- Shantae Robinson, Director of Counseling, Technology, and Student Employment, Student Financial Services
- Alayna Ruberg, Web Project Manager, University Information Services
- Richard Simon, Director of Digital and Web Strategy Communications, Georgetown University Law Center
- Laura Wilson, Senior Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media, Office of Public Affairs
Team: IT/AV at Georgetown University Law Center
- Laura Addiego Prospero, Web Application Developer, Georgetown University Law Center Library
- Chukwudi Aninye, Director of Technology Operations, Information Systems Technology
- Christopher Ballantyne, Instructional Technologist, Information Systems Technology
- Kyle Benardos, Multimedia Systems Engineer, Information Systems Technology
- Daniel Cannistra, Multimedia Technologist, Information Systems Technology
- Steven Eckhoff, Director of AV/TV Services, Information Systems Technology
- Tanya Heffel, Director of Client Services, Information Systems Technology
- Albert Myers, Manager of Online Education and AV Systems, Information Systems Technology
- George Petasis, Assistant Dean for Technology and Chief Information Officer, Georgetown University Law Center