Task Forces and Committees
Members of the council participate in a wide range of committees throughout the campus. The Council has also appointed Working Groups to advise and support the Council’s advocacy efforts in priority areas. Working Groups are charged with investigating key questions, advising the Council’s response, and drafting Council positions and actions.
Council Committees and Working Groups:
- Human Resources, Benefits and Employee Relations Working Group — This working group is responsible for advising Council advocacy on 1) Human Resources policies and practices, 2) the composition of university benefits, 3) recruitment and retention, and 4) supervision and professional development practices.
- Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion Working Group — This working group is responsible for advising Council advocacy on policies and practices for developing a workforce and workplace culture that embraces diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion.
- Community and Culture Working Group — This new working group is responsible for advising Council advocacy on policies and practices contributing to the building or rebuilding of institutional culture and community across units and modes of work.
- Operations Working Group — This new working group is responsible for advising Council advocacy on operational policies and practices impacting the ability of staff to do their best work at Georgetown.
- Communication and Administration Committees
Representation on University Committees:
- Advisory Committee on Business Practices — Heather Malneritch
- Benefits Advisory Committee — Shurlonda Spann, Madeline Vitek Memenza
- Healthy Buildings/Indoor Air Task Force — John Dolan
- Human Resources Advisory Committee — Shaunagh Browning
- IDEAA Advisory Group — Yvette Jiang, Aaron Johnson, Lynda Sanders
- Transportation and Parking — Teresa Mannix